Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma0 - Suswas Capsule
Cough forms the most important respiratory symptom. It occurs due to irritation of mucous membrane
anywhere in the respiratory tract. Most often it is an indication of infection of airways or lung parenchyma (pneumonia, bronchitis, viral infections), inflammation (asthma) or irritation (tumors, enlarged lymph nodes, inhaled foreign body or toxic fumes) of the mucosa. Cough is produced byvitiation of prana and udana vata, which are responsible for various vital functions.
SUSWAS helps in establishing a smooth respiration, with alleviation of cough, cold, fever, dyspnoea, wheezes, chest pain and hoarseness of voice, without induction of any adverse effects that are
accompanied with the usage of modern antitussives, expectorants, antihistaminics and bronchodilators.
Actions of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Suswas Capsule :
- Suswas helps in alleviating cough, both productive and dry It also checks allergic and inflammatory manifestations of respiratory tract, viz rhinitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis and sore throat. Suswas is also an antipyretic.
- Bruhati is useful in dry cough, asthma and chronic febrile infections.
- Parpata is hepatoprotective and aids in digestion.
- Guduchi is anti-inflammatory, anti-secretory, mucolytic and antipyretic, Pushkarmoola is an excellent expectorant and bronco-dilator, hence clears airways and cough, dyspnoea and chronic bronchitis.
- Bala contains sympathomimetic alkaloid ephedrine. It also acts as febrifuge.
- Shunti helps in eliminating tenacious sputum in case of pharyngitis and common cold.
- Pippali is found to be very useful in cough ,cold, catarrh, asthma, hoarseness and hiccup.
Indication of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Suswas Capsule :
- Common Cold and Rhinitis
- Cough of Various Etiologies
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Asthma and Other Respiratory Tract Infections.
Composition of Suswas Capsule (Each Capsule Contains Extracts Equivalent to) :
- Bruhati (Solanum anguivi) 266.6 mg
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) 133.3 mg
- Pushkarmoola (Inula recemosa) 133.3 mg
- Bala (Sida cordifolia) 133.3 mg
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) 66.6 mg
- Pippali (Piper longum) 66.6 mg
Dosage of Bal Pharma Suswas Capsule :
1-2 Capsules two to three times a day with hot water or tea or as directed by the physician.
Adverse Effects of Bal Vedics Suswas Capsule :
Contraindications of Suswas Capsule :
No absolute contra indication.