Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) - Lipived Capsule
Hyperlipidaemia is an elevation of lipids (fats) in the bloodstream. These lipids include cholesterol, cholesterol esters, phospholipids and triglycerides. They are transported in the blood as large molecules called lipoproteins.
Excess lipids or fatty substances in blood cause lipid disorders. They are an important risk factor in developing atherosclerosis and CAD. Genetic factors, diabetes, hypothyroidism, fatty diets and sedentary life style predispose to lipid disorders. Hyperlpidaemia is more common in men than in women. There are other risk factors, which include smoking high blood pressure, low HDL, family history of heart disease, male over the age of 45 years or female over the age of 55 years. Total cholesterol values over 200 mayindicate an increased risk for heart disease. LDLover 130, with two or more of the above risk factors, is abnormal. An LDL over 160, with one or fewer of the risk factors, is also abnormal. HDL cholesterol more than or equal to 60 takes away one risk factor and decreases your risk for heart disease. HDL levels below 40 add an additional risk factor.
In Ayurvedic classics, a number of herbs have been advocated, which can prevent and cure this condition. LIPIVED has been formulated, based on exhaustive literature survey and various scientific studies, as a safe and natural Hypolipidaemic product.
Actions of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Lipived Capsule :
- Shunti possesses hypocholesterolaemic and hypolipidaemic potential.
- Guggulu and its cholestero-lowering component, Guggulsterone, effectively inhibit
LDL oxidation . The combination of antioxidant and lipid lowering properties of
Guggulu and guggulsterone makes them especially beneficial against atherogenisis.
- Shunti, Marichaand Pippali in combined form constitute Trikatu, which by virtue of its
ability to reduce triglycerides and LDL cholesteroal and to increase HDL cholesterol
can reduce the risk of hyperlipidaemia and atherosclerosis.
- Lashuna and Shunti combination significantly lower serum triglycerides and raise serum HDL level. LDL cholesterol , VLDL cholesterol and atherogenic index significantly decreases with combination of the two,
compared to Ardraka/Lashuna alone
Indication of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Lipived Capsule :
- Hyperlipidemia, Dyslipidemia, Obesity
- Mild to Moderate Hypertension and as adjuvant therapy in various cadiac conditions.
Composition of Lipived Capsule (Each Capsule Contains Extracts Equivalent to) :
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifoilia) 200 mg
- Guggul (Commiphora mukul) 200 mg
- Lashuna (Allium sativum) 200 mg
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) 66.6 mg
- Pippali (Piper longum) 66.6 mg
- Marich (Piper nigrum) 66.6 mg
Dosage of Bal Pharma Lipived Capsule :
1-2 Capsules b.i.d with water or as directed by the physician.
Dietary Advise of Bal Vedics Lipived Capsule :
High calorific value diet should be avoided. Advise intake of fruits and fibres, with adequate physical exercise.
Adverse Effects of Lipived Capsule :
Contraindications of Lipived Capsule :
No absolute contraindication.