Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma0 - Ayursulin Capsule
Diabetes mellitus with its devastating consequences has assumed epidemic proportions in many countries of the world. With the present population of 19.4 million diabetics and a projected increase of 300%, thereby leading to approximately 60 million by the year 2025, India would rank first in sharing the global burden of diabetes.
Ever since the discovery of insulin, insulin therapy had been considered the logical treatment of the disease, which is otherwise considered an incurable diathesis. Over the years, it has been felt that insulin therapy has many limitations and hazardous side effects like hypoglycaemia and growing tendency of
immunological disturbances, which often lead to treatment failure.
In modern therapeutics, the introduction of OHAs appeared as a breakthrough but subsequently, it was experienced that most of them were inadequately effective and were associated with many adverse effects.
It is always advisable to explore the Indian traditional material medica for the development of new, safe and effective drugs for the treatment of various ailments. Ayursulin has been formulated with this background and is sure to provide the desired benefits the patients.
Mode of Action :
- Ayursulin comprises of "leshma-media kshapnaka"ingredients, they exert
hypoglycaemic effect as well.
- Guduchi causes reduction in fasting blood sugar. It is an immunomodulator and a
- The alcoholic extract of Bilva (root,leaf,and fruit) has shown hypoglycaemic activity
in various scientific studies.
- Amalaki relieves oxidative stress and improves glucose metabolism in diabetes.
- Haridra is an efficient anti-oxidant, it ameliorates diabetic nephropathy, a potent
aldose reductase inhibitor. Blood glucose lowering activity of its rhizomes extract has
been demonstrated experimentally
- Bilwa exhibits antidiabetic, antihyperlipidaemic, antioxidant and pancreatic
- Besides being a potent hypoglycaemic, Ayursulin acts as a liver stimulant, mild
laxative, vermifuge and anti-pyretic agent.
Indication of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Ayursulin Capsule :
- As an adjuvant in type-2 diabetes mellitus.
- Prediabetes/IFG (Impaired Fasting Glycemia)
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Composition of Ayursulin Capsule (Each Capsule Contains Extracts Equivalent to) :
- Amalaki (Phyllanthus emblica) 160mg
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) 160mg
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) 160mg
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos) 160mg
- Kalamegha (Andrographis paniculata) 160mg
Dosage of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Ayursulin Capsule :
2 capsules twice a day half an before meals with water or a directed by the physician.
Dietary Advice of using Bal Vedics Ayursulin Capsule :
Sugar and starchy food items to be restricted and proper exercises to be advised
Adverse Effects of Bal Vedics (Bal Pharma) Ayursulin Capsule :
Contraindication of Bal Pharma Ayursulin Capsule :
No absolute contra indication.